If you’ve ever wondered what Carrie Underwood eats for breakfast to help her stay so fit and trim, you’re in luck. Her personal trainer Erin Oprea is sharing some of Carrie’s favorite breakfast meals with Parade magazine. Carrie is a vegan, so she doesn’t eat eggs, but she still finds ways to get plenty of protein in her breakfast with two recipes that she created for Carrie Underwood’s Vegan Deliciousness and Carrie’s Favorite No-Cook Oatmeal. Here are both recipes if you want to check out Carrie’s culinary creations:
Carrie Underwood’s Vegan Deliciousness (not trademarked, but should be!)
What you’ll need: One serving Nasoya Light Firm Tofu, crumbled; 1/2 red pepper, diced; 1/2 green pepper, diced; 1/2 white onion, diced; 1/2 tsp. of Mrs. Dash seasoning; “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” cooking spray; Healthy Life Light Multigrain Reduced Sodium English muffin.
1. Coat a small nonstick pan with light spray. Set to medium heat.
2. Saute peppers and onions in pan. Let onions brown for a few minutes.
3. Add tofu; stir. Cook for a few minutes, until tofu starts to brown.
4. Add Mrs. Dash. Stir.
5. Plate and serve with a toasted English muffin.
Carrie’s Favorite No-Cook Oatmeal (Carrie prepares this the night before to make things easy in the a.m.)
What you’ll need: 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats; 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk; 1 small apple, diced (blueberries and/or strawberries work well, too); 1/8 cup sliced almonds; a dash of nutmeg; cinnamon to taste.
1. Combine the oats, milk, fruit, almonds and spices in a bowl .
2. Cover and put bowl into the refrigerator overnight.
3. Enjoy this cold, straight out of the fridge, when the sun comes up—or, if you’re like me, before the sun comes up!